Sharing opportunities for Southeast Asian diasporic writers, researchers, artists. Find complete information here.
Call for Applications | DEADLINE: April 20, 2018
Southeast Asian Archive Anne Frank Visiting Researcher Award
The UC Irvine Libraries offers an annual award of $1,000 to one individual to use the research collections in the Southeast Asian Archive, part of the UC Irvine Libraries Special Collections and Archives.
The award is intended for a researcher who lives outside of Orange County and is not affiliated with UC Irvine. Faculty, students, and independent researchers (including film makers, scriptwriters, playwrights, biographers, novelists, and others) are encouraged to apply. The $1,000 award is intended to defray expenses for traveling to Irvine and conducting research in the Southeast Asian Archive.
Applications will be judged according to the relevance of the proposal to the holdings of the Southeast Asian Archive, the proposed outcome of the research, and the qualifications of the applicant.
This award is given in honor of Anne Frank, the Southeast Asian Archive founding librarian who retired in 2007.
Send the following information in an email with the subject heading “AF Award Application” to email@example.com:
- Up-to-date resume or CV
- Applicant name:
- Title of project
- Brief description of proposed research (no more than 250 words)
- Collections or items that you anticipate using and how they are relevant to your proposed research (no more than 250 words). For information about the collections’ strengths, make sure to consult the following page: http://seaa.lib.uci.edu/collection-strengths
- Proposed outcome of the research (no more than 250 words)
- One letter of reference from someone familiar with your research
- Proposed dates for visiting the Southeast Asian Archive
More information about traveling to the UC Irvine campus is available at http://www.lib.uci.edu/visit-libraries. For more information about the Southeast Asian Archive and the award, please contact Dr. Thuy Vo Dang, Archivist for the Southeast Asian Archive, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Award will be announced by the end of May 2018.